This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. #sponsored #ad
Mmmmm, bacon! Who here loves bacon? Bacon is great by itself or it is always a welcome addition to a recipe. It’s perfect for any meal – breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Wright® Brand Bacon is one of my bacon of choice when heading to my local Kroger store, Smith’s. If I am going to take the time to make something from scratch, I look for high-quality brands and ingredients worth of the effort I put into it. Their bacon comes from the best cuts of premium meat that are hand-selected and hand-trimmed into thick slices that are naturally smoked with wood chips.
Nothing is more frustrating than spending time in the kitchen making a recipe only to find what you made to be lacking in taste. I can trust that if I use Wright Brand Bacon in my recipes, they will be full of flavor. It is definitely Bacon The Wright Way™. It is masterfully crafted for a richer bacon experience. Wright Brand Bacon can be purchased in 5 different varieties – Hickory Smoked, Applewood Smoked, Smoked Brown Sugar Bacon, Bourbon Barrel Smoked and Oak Barrel Smoked. My favorite so far is the Applewood Smoked and I used that in the recipe I have to share with you today. However, I still have a few more flavors to try.
Now you can have the chance to vote on your favorite Wright Brand Bacon. Visit the voting poll and cast in your vote for which flavor. Then share your favorite bacon-inspired recipe with the hashtag #VoteWrightBrandBacon! @WrightBacon
Test out the Applewood Smoked flavor with this tasty side dish recipe. It only takes 4 ingredients to make these Skillet Green Beans with Bacon. The main flavor punch for this side comes from the flavor Wright Brand Bacon. It’s hard to get my family to eat their veggies, but they are more likely to eat them if bacon is involved. This side dish is simple enough for every day but also looks and tastes amazing for when you have company over. I’m thinking these would be great to include in an upcoming Thanksgiving meal!
- ½ lb Wright Brand Bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed (I use French green beans)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add bacon to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until it is cooked, but not crispy.
- Mix in the onion and garlic and continue cooking until the bacon is crispy. Transfer the bacon mixture to plate and set aside.
- Place the green beans in the skillet, along with a tablespoon of the remaining bacon grease, drain off any excess.
- Sauté the beans until tender, about 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the bacon mixture back to the pan and mix evenly with the beans. Serve immediately. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Let’s Dish.