I recently had Kelloggs send me some boxes All-Bran cereals to try out. Of course, I had to try and make something with the cereal. Can’t just eat it by itself. I decided to try to make some bran muffins. I adapted a recipe that I found on Betty Crocker that uses vanilla yogurt. I also love blackberries and they were on sale for $1. Couldn’t pass that up, so I decided to do a blackberry bran muffin. They are so yummy!!!!!! You just need to eat them within a day or two or the berries start to get yucky. I always love my bran muffin with a little canola margarine on them. These muffins were perfect.
I also made these muffins in my wonderful Demarle muffin pan. So easy to use. No need for liners or greasing the pan, just let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes and pop them right out. Love my Demarle pan!
Blackberry Bran Muffins
- 1 cup All-Bran Original bran cereal
- 2 egg whites (or you can 1 whole egg)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 containers (6 oz each) French vanilla yogurt (I use Yoplait)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz pkg of fresh blackberries
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 regular-size muffin cups with liners. Place cereal in food processor until crushed into small pieces.
- In medium bowl, stir together egg whites, oil and yogurt. Add brown sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cereal, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill each muffin cups 1/3 full of batter. Place one blackberry in the center of each muffin cup. Use remaining batter to fill muffin cups so they are 2/3 full. Top each muffins with 2-3 blackberries using what blackberries remain.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.