With 2 older boys, I’m always looking for ways to stretch whatever protein I may be serving for dinner and beans is great tool that I use to do that.
Taco night is a staple at our house as I am sure it also is for many of you. One pound of ground beef for taco meat just doesn’t quite cut it for my family of five. One can of Bush Beans is a great addition to make that meat go further.
Well, now you can find some of those great beans that you love from Bush’s in an organic variety. I used a can of the new organic black beans to make taco filling the other night. They also have organic garbanzo beans, dark red kidney beans, pinto beans, and baked beans.
When making my filling, I decided to stretch it even more and make a really hearty filling by adding in some brown rice and corn. It was so delicious.
All of these additions definitely made more than enough filling for tacos and it would even work well to use as a filling for burritos. The filling was definitely more filling too!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 oz) can Bush's Organic Black Beans or Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef along with the onion. Cook until beef is fully cooked and drain.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve in tortilla shells with desired toppings. Makes 20 small tacos.
Recipe inspired from Diethood.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a brand ambassador for Bush’s Bean. My opinions are my own.