Well, I’m recovering from the big holiday weekend and figured a nice and easy crock pot recipe would be the perfect thing to post.
This is one that I recently tried out and have loved. It is so easy to make and is so tasty to eat too. This dish uses smoked sausage which is nice because no cooking is required. You could also easily substitute the sausage for ham too!
Then the sausage gets surrounded by potatoes is a creamy cheesy sauce. It’s like a nice dinner like you would make over the campfire in a dutch oven, but no fire needed. All you need is your handy, dandy slow cooker!
- 1 (32 oz) bag hash browns, defrosted (the cubed kind, not the shredded)
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. smoked sausage, cut into half circles
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of milk (use the can from the soup to measure)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a crock pot and cover.
- Cook on high for 3 hours and serve. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Lauren’s Latest.