I love a good pulled pork. I also love that it usually involves the crock pot which makes life so easy, especially in the summer.
This pulled pork has a definite sweetness to it. For those of you who know Cafe Rio’s sweet pork, I would say that this is the BBQ equivalent.
This pork is bathed in a rich sweet BBQ sauce and boy did my family love it. We used the leftovers to make quesadillas and enjoyed it just as well.
One tip when serving BBQ pulled, if you want the buns to hold up a little better to that saucy pulled pork, just be sure to toast them. I like to spread a little butter on them and place them under the broiler.
- 4 lbs pork roast or boneless country style ribs
- 1 (16 oz) bottle of BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Add the pork to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. Pour mixture over the pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove pork and shred. Place back into the sauce and stir to coat. Serve on toasted buns. Serves 8-12 depending on the size of buns you use.