Recently, we had a night at home. We weren’t going anywhere and were all nice and warm in our warm house so I decided to to give this recipe a try. I found it on My Kitchen Cafe. She adapted the recipe from epicurious.com. This recipe was a winner. I am definitely going to make this in the summer too. This is a nice and different frozen drink. I did this in the microwave, but I think it would work a little better on the stove top.
- 4 ounces of your favorite chocolate (I used semi-sweet chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons store-bought hot chocolate powder (I used milk chocolate powder)
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 cups ice cube
- slightly sweetened whipped cream
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and melt in microwave on low heat. Once melted, add hot chocolate mix and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended.
- Slowly add ½ cup milk, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In blender, place the remaining 1 cup milk, room-temperature chocolate mixture and ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Enjoy! (This recipe made a large blender full - I got around 4 (8 oz.) servings from one batch.)
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in June 2015.