This recipe is a quick and easy dinner that you can whip together in 20 minutes. It is also easy on the wallet. Estimated cost for this is $1.46 per serving. I found it in my new issue of Taste of Home. It was first on my list to make after perusing the issue. I altered the recipe slightly to fit my families tastes. It was a hit!
Another reason this recipe caught my eye is because it is similar to a couple of recipes that are family favorites. The recipe looked like a Mexican twist on the recipe I have that I call Hubby’s Favorite Casserole. Obviously, it is my hubby’s fav. Since he loves Mexican, I knew he’d love this one. It is also similar to the Beef Taco Bake recipe that I have which is also a family favorite. Give it a try on a busy night and you’ll have dinner in a flash.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch pieces (I use my pizza cutter to do this)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce (I used mild)
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Rinse frozen corn in a colander with warm water and drain.
- Add the drained corn, taco sauce, and 1 cup cheese to meat until well mixed.
- Mix in tortilla pieces and heat through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serves 5-6