So my daughter could be called a connoisseur of macaroni and cheese. It is one of her favorite things to eat.
She loves to eat it at home, at school, and when we eat out. She has sampled many different types of mac and cheese and has definitely figured out her favorites in her short 12 years.
She also loves to watch Pioneer Woman with me on Saturday mornings. When she saw her make quick shells and cheese she immediately asked me to make it for her. So as any mother would do, I made it for her.
I did need to make a change as I was making it to get it the consistency I wanted it. The result was 2 thumbs up from my macaroni and cheese specialist!
- 1 (16 oz) pkg shell pasta
- 1½ cups of milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp)
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 (8 oz) pkg Velveeta cheese, cubed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- \While the pasta cooks. add the butter and milk to a sauce pan and heat over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Add in the cheese and seasonings and cook until cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and combine with the cheese sauce. Serves 8 to 12 as a side or 6 as a main dish.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman.