Chicken Noodle soup tends to be that go-to meal for when you are sick. Well, this recipe is like chicken noodle soup but in casserole form. It can be your new go-to when you are feeling under the weather.
I used rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to make it. If you do that the hardest part of this recipe is cooking the noodles and the garlic and onion.
So simple, so easy, and so comforting.
- 16 oz pkg egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute just until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion and garlic with the chicken, soup, sour cream, peas and carrots, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add in the cooked egg noodles and stir to coat.
- Spoon into a 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe adapted from Food Fanatic.