The other night I decided to give this recipe from Family Fun Magazine a try. It’s a twist on hot chocolate, making a hot vanilla drink instead. Now I didn’t add the cinnamon. Plus, for the whipped cream, I had the spray stuff in the can in my fridge, so I sprayed that on top and drizzled it with some chocolate syrup.
This was yummy and a nice change. I recommend you don’t pass on the whipped cream. It definitely add to the flavor and gives it some richness. You also could use caramel syrup in place of the chocolate and I’m sure it would be equally tasty. Give this a try and warm yourself up with some hot vanilla.
- ½ cup of whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup of milk (per hot vanilla)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar (per hot vanilla)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (per hot vanilla)
- Start with the topping. In a medium bowl, whip ½ cup of whipping cream until it's frothy. Add 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup and a dash of cinnamon, then continue to whip the mixture until everything is well blended and peaks form. Makes enough to top about 6 drinks.
- For each hot vanilla, microwave 1 cup of milk and 2 teaspoons of sugar in a mug for 90 seconds. Stir in ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Top with a dollop of chocolate cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and a dash of cinnamon.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in January 2015.