Whether you are having a picnic or an outdoor BBQ, today’s recipe is the perfect addition.
Pretty much everyone loves chocolate chip cookies and it always makes me feel better about eating a cookie if it has something healthy in it. These have old fashioned oats. I also love the texture that oats add to a cookie.
These, are soft, chewy, sweet, and chocolaty. Everyone will enjoy them, they will be a hit!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2½ cups chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together, the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix in the oats and brown sugar.
- Add the butter to the bowl and mix with a mixer for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix with a mixer until combined.
- Then fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and press the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and cut into bars. Serves 16.
Recipe adapted from the awesome Jamie Cooks It Up!