July may be National Ice Cream month, but today is the actual National Ice Cream DAY! So of course, I have a new tasty ice cream recipe to celebrate with.
This recipe uses store bought ice cream, but turns it into these amazing squares that give the ice cream a crunchy base that includes almonds, coconut, sugar, and Rice Krispies cereal.
I also teamed up with some other Utah bloggers to #celebratingfood2015 with some other cool ice cream treats and also compiled recipes from my archives to give you a total of 27 recipes. Yep, it’s pretty much ice cream heaven here today!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 (1¾ qt) carton vanilla bean ice cream, softened when needed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet melt butter and mix in almonds. Cook almonds while stirring until toasted. They will get golden brown. This should just take a couple of minutes.
- Then stir in the Rice Krispies, coconut, brown sugar, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake at 375 for 5-6 minutes until edges are golden.
- Cool crust completely.
- Spread softened ice cream over cooled crust. Cover and place in the freezer overnight. Cut into bars to serve. Serves 12-15.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious magazine.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes (all pictured above)
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Rhubarb Anise Dairy-Free Ice Cream from Happy Food Healthy Life
Cheesecake Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake from Butter With A Side of Bread
White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream from Creations by Kara
No Churn Turtle Ice Cream from Summer Scraps
No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Cupcake Diaries
No Churn Neapolitan Ice Cream from Tried and Tasty
More Ice Cream Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
Another Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich
Basic Homemade Ice Cream (no ice cream maker needed)