To finish off lime week, I have another tasty way to cool off this summer. Key Lime Pie is a classic lime creation and this is a frozen variation on that pie!
It takes the same concept used in the recipe I have shared before for a basic homemade ice cream that requires no maker. The ice cream gets combined with that ever so tasty lime flavor by adding some zest and key lime juice. Of course, it all goes into a graham cracker crust.
This rich and creamy ice cream pie will just melt in your mouth. Grab a slice, put up your feet, and enjoy!
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups of whipping cream, divided
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp lime zest
- ½ cup key lime or lime juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- lime slices, optional for garnish
- In a bowl, beat 1 cup of the whipping cream with a mixer to soft peaks.
- In another bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream. Spoon mixture into the prepared pie crust. Cover and freeze for 2 to 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, whip remaining 1 cup of whipping cream along with the powdered sugar and vanilla with a mixer to firm peaks. Spread over pie. Cut into slices and top with a lime slice if desired. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.