It’s Friday and what a better way to celebrate than with National Chocolate Chip Day! I mean, it’s chocolate and it’s chips! It can be put into just about ANYTHING!
So today I am sharing my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are called “vanishing” oatmeal chocolate chip cookies because I seriously could make them all disappear myself! They are the perfect level of moistness with just the right amount of cinnamon to perfectly compliment the chocolate chips. Make them tonight and you’ll be in heaven!
Warm or cold, these cookies are perfectly paired with a nice cold glass of milk!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat butter and both sugars together until creamy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Then add in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Fold in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Makes 4 dozen.
For bar cookies, press into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Quaker Oats.
I have also teamed up with some other terrific Utah bloggers #CelebratingFood2015 to help with the celebration of this great day! We have put together a collection of 17 amazing chocolate chip recipes.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes (all pictured above)
Chocolate Chip Bagels from Ashlee Marie
Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies from Butter With A Side of Bread
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake from Creations by Kara
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes from Cupcake Diaries
Light Berry Dark Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars from Happy Food Healthy Life
Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Gluten Free Cookie Dough Blizzard from Tried and Tasty
More Chocolate Chip Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen