Triple- Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
10 Tbs (1¼ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned oats
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup milk chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
2 ounces milk chocolate or white chocolate, chopped (for drizzling)
1. Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and oats and blend just until incorporated. Stir in all chocolate chips and cranberries.
4. Drop batter by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, 2 inches apart (they will spread a bit). Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until edges are light brown, about 16 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool completely.
5. Place chopped milk or white chocolate in small glass pyrex bowl. Melt in microwave, stirring after 30 second intervals, until melted and smooth. Carefully pour chocolate into a small ziploc baggie. Snip a tiny piece off of the corner of the baggie. Squeeze gently to drizzle a zigzag pattern over baked cookies. Let stand until chocolate sets, about 1 hour.
Yield: About 30 (I got 28)
*For the prettiest cookies, halve your cranberries. Rather than mix the cranberries into your batter, place 2 to 3 cranberry halves onto your scooped batter drops on your cookie sheet (red side up). You’ll be sure to get some of that pretty red color to show up in the finished cookie. It’s easiest to halve frozen cranberries!
*If you need your chocolate drizzled cookies to set quickly, place them in the freezer for a few minutes.