Here is another great breakfast dish for you and it would be great for Mother’s Day too. The original recipe calls for sausage, but I also make it with ham. I happen to use ham for the picture. I adapted the recipe from one I found in the coupon section of my Sunday paper years ago. The original came from Swift Premium Brown and Serve Sausage. It has been a family favorite ever since.
My video that is a part of the Turn The Tub Around Watch Vote & Win online sweepstakes is up again for it’s last week of voting.Go to http://www.turnthetubaround.com Click on Watch, Vote, and you could win. Then click on get started and you’ll see my video is up against another bloggers video this week. Please vote for me and you could win. You are allowed to vote daily. Every day, Watch Vote & Win site visitors have a new chance to win one of three daily prizes including:
All voters become eligible to win one of five, randomly- selected grand prizes – a 3-day 2-night trip for two to Los Angeles to attend a meet and greet with Megan Mullally. They’ll also win a styling session and enjoy a night on the town including a dinner for two and tickets to a show. So make sure to stop in and vote for moi! You only have until the end of this week!
Sausage (or ham) and Potato Bake
- 2 packages brown and serve sausage patties or links, thawed (or use 2-3 cups fully cooked ham, diced)
- 3 ½ cup frozen hash browns (I prefer the cube type hashbrowns in this)
- 1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- 6 large beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 11x 7x 2 inch baking dish.
- Cut thawed sausage into slices (patties into quarters).
- Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake 50 minutes (takes 60 in my oven) or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes.