I have actually had today’s recipe ready to go for a while. Unfortunately, it kept getting bumped for other recipes that were more timely. However, maybe that was a good thing because this recipe is perfect to make for the new year.
This dish is light and includes lots of veggies. They are all chopped to the same size and helps make this dish look pretty too. I did kind of cheat by usig baby carrots and just chopped them in half.
This dish is so delicious! I was actually surprised at how wonderful it really was.
It can also be all made in one pot in about 30 minutes. I love one pot dishes! It just helps me out so there is less work on cleaning up when I’m done cooking.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. of linguini
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut in 3 inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3 inch strips
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and cut green part into 3 inch pieces and dice the white part
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Place the ingredients above in a stock pot in the order listed. Cover and bring to a boil. Give it a stir or two while you bring it to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cooker for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook until most of the liquid is gone, pasta is tender, and chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and uncover. Allow dish to sit 5 minutes before serving. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from The Wholesome Dish.