Here is a recipe for a beef roast recipe you bake in the oven and it makes it’s own delicious gravy. Very simple and very tasty. I found the recipe over at Tasty Kitchen. It was shared by hogfeeder. Not much more to say about this one. The perfect Sunday meal!
Fail Proof Roast and Gravy
- 2 pounds Beef Or Pork Roast
- 1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup (10 Ounce Can)
- 1 can Cream Of Celery Soup (10 Ounce Can)
- 1 envelope Brown Gravy Mix (1 Ounce Packet)
- Preheat oven to 350. Place roast in a heavy, oven-safe pot with a lid. You can use any size or type of roast. The only thing that changes is the cooking time.
- After the roast is in the pot, add just a bit of water (should come about 1/2 inch up the side of the pot, I used about 1 cup). Then, salt and pepper the roast. Go easy on the salt because of the salt in the gravy mix. In a small bowl, combine the two soups and the packet of gravy mix. (You can use reduced-sodium gravy mix as well. Hogfeeder uses low-fat, reduced-sodium soups, and said they work great.)
- After the soups and gravy are mixed together, pour the mixture over the top of the roast. Make sure the roast is completely covered with the mixture.
- Cover with a lid, and place in the oven for 2 hours to start. The roast should be fork tender when done so if you need to cook it longer, do it. The key is that it’s done when it’s fork tender so keep checking it once you pass the 2 hour point. Serve with mashed potatoes.