The winner of yesterday’s Bake It Pretty gift card is Lindsay S. who said: “I would definitely get the Best Ever Cupcake Decorating Kit. It would give my cupcakes a fast, but beautiful finish. The Blue Sherbet Birthday Candles would be so cute for my son’s upcoming birthday too! “ Congrats Lindsay!
Ok, so we have had brownies and cupcakes as part of my blogoversary celebration. So, the next logical thing would be cookies right? I actually have a cookie recipe for you today and tomorrow. Both of these recipe are original recipes made by me. I developed them for the recent Betty Crocker Cookie contest. Unfortunately, neither of the recipes was chosen for the finals, but I figured I could still share them with you. I do think part of the reason my cookies weren’t selected was because I made the frosting from scratch instead of using their canned frosting. Oh, well! I think both of these cookies are awesome. The one today is my favorite and the one I will share tomorrow is my hubby’s fav.
Today’s cookie brings those great flavors of lime and coconut together. Again, I’m on a citrus kick right now. The recipe calls for Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix, but you could easy adapt it to utilize a homemade sugar cookie like this recipe I have. Just add the lime zest to your recipe and top with the frosting and toasted coconut. However, the mix makes these cookies a cinch to throw together.
And for today’s giveaway I have a fabulous Velveeta cookbook and coupon for a free package of Velveeta. I got this stuff from Velveeta a little while ago, but held on to it to giveaway now. The book is full of recipe using Velveeta including party-time dips, crowd pleasing entrees, soup and sandwiches, appetizers, snacks and sides.
To enter today’s giveaway, leave a comment on this post about what your favorite cookie is. That’s it. You have until tonight at 10 (MST) to enter.
Lime in the Coconut Frosted Cookies
- 1 (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- zest of 2 limes
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 3-5 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir cookie mix, butter, egg, and lime zest in a bowl until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by rounded Tablespoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes until edges are light brown. Cool on sheet for 1 minuted. Remove from sheet and continue to cool.
- While the cookies cook prepare the frosting. Mix butter, sugar and coconut extract along with enough milk to make the frosting a spreadable consistency.
- Once cookies are completely cooled. Frost with frosting and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Gently press the coconut on the cookie to the the frosting to hold it all. Makes 2 dozen cookies.