I have another simple meal for you today that involves the slow cooker. The slow cooker is great to use when the weather starts getting warmer. It doesn’t heat up your house like cooking in the oven does.
This recipe uses less than 10 ingredients.With this dish, you cook your meat in the slow cooker, then mix in some cooked stir fry veggies and serve it on top of rice. I just cook the stir fry vegetables in the microwave.
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 (10-12 oz) bottled Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 (14 oz) bag stir fry vegetables, cooked and drained (I just microwave them)
- cooked rice
- Place beef in the slow cooker followed by carrots. Pour sour sauce over beef and carrots. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine corn starch and water together and add to the cooked beef. Allow to continue to cook on low until sauce has thickened.
- Mix in the cooked stir fry veggies and serve over rice.
Recipe adapted from Crock Pot Ladies.