The recipe I have for you today is the potato recipe that I served along side the pork roast that I shared with you yesterday. This are fabulous! I mean how can you go wrong with a carb that has butter, cheese, and garlic added to it?
These potatoes had a nice flavor. I must admit though, I always add a little extra pat of butter to my potatoes once that are on my plate!
- 8 russet potatoes, rinsed and peeled
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used a white cheddar)
- 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup milk
- chopped chives or green onion, optional garnish
- Quarter potatoes and place in a large pot. Add enough water to the pot to cover the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
- Add butter, cheese, seasoning, salt, and pepper to the potatoes. Begin mashing with a potato masher.
- Add the milk a little at a time to reach desired consistency. You may need more or less than the ½ cup of milk. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Cherished Bliss.