Raise your hand if you love your slow cooker! Well, I have another great slow cooker recipe for ya today! I love to cook roasts in the slow cooker and this recipe is for a pork roast. I love to get my pork roast from Costco.
This roast turns moist and tender with a rich and flavorful sauce. The unique flavor of this dish was something that the whole family enjoyed. We loved the bit from the cheese, the tang of the soy sauce, and the sweetness of the honey.
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese(I used a 4 Italian cheese blend)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (3-4 lb) boneless pork roast
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, oregano, garlic, and olive oil.
- Place roast in the slow cooker and pour cheese mixture over the roast.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours until the roast reaches and internal temp of 160 degrees.
- Remove roast from slow cooker. Place juices in a sauce pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together chicken broth and cornstarch. Whisk into the juices in the sauce pan and cook over medium until thickened.
- Slice roast and serve with sauce. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Your Homebased Mom.