Mother’s Day week continues with 2 delicious syrup recipes. They would be a terrific surprise to include with breakfast in bed for mom to top he favorite morning meal with or could even be given as a gift.
First up is a rich buttery cream syrup. I served it with the waffled french toast that I shared yesterday. It was divine! This syrup could also be used on desserts. I was thinking to serve it over a rich warm dense cake like an apple cake would be spectacular.
Then I have a simple cinnamon spice syrup. Cinnamon complements so many breakfast items so well. When I served this, it was over some homemade waffles with fresh sliced strawberries and whipped cream. It was equally delicious.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Then add the sugar and evaporated ilk to the pan. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes, while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the vanilla and salt. Allow to cool slightly before serving. It will thicken as it cools.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup whipping cream
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Cool 30 minute. Syrup will thicken as it cools. Serve warm
Buttery Cream Syrup adapted from Jamie Cooks it Up and Cinnamon Spice Syrup adapted from Your Homebased Mom.