So if you follow me regularly, you know how much my family enjoys Mexican food. Everyone is happy when I make it. My husband and 2 boys love to eat at Taco Bell. Me, not so much. My stomach tends to dislike me when I eat there, not sure why.
So I decided to give one of my family’s favorite items from the Taco Bell menu a try at home. The result – my 3 guys were thrilled and my tummy was happy! Everyone enjoyed them!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp water
- 8 small fajita sized flour tortillas
- cooking oil
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans, warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown beef in a skillet until fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add taco seasoning and water to beef and cook for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Brush both sides of the tortillas with oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake tortillas for 2 minutes at 400 degrees. Turn tortillas and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Spread beans over 4 of the baked tortillas followed by the prepared ground beef. Top each with one of the remaining tortillas. Then top each with ¼ cup of the shredded cheese followed by tomatoes and green onions.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Slice each pizza into 4 slices and top with a spoonful of sour cream to serve. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Food.com