Ever since my trip to Chicago with the Beef Council, I have been more adventurous with different cuts of beef. I have never cooked with a flat iron steak before. This cut of steak is usually grilled or used in a stir fry. I decided to give it a try by slow cooking it.
This is a similar recipe I have used with a roast before in the slow cooker. Only 3 ingredients are needed along with some water. The results are a super tender steak with it’s own gravy. My oldest son told me this steak was legit!
- 2 - 2½ lbs flat iron steak
- 1 (1 oz) pkg onion soup mix
- ¼ c water
- 1 (10¾ oz) can of cream of mushroom soup
- Cut steak into 6 pieces and place in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine soup mix, water and soup to slow cooker. Pour over steaks.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Recipe adapted from Recipes that Crock.