My family are big fans of seven layer dip! It is great to serve at gatherings and the men in my house love to have it while watching their favorite game on the TV. A while back, I made some individual seven layers dips. Then I got to thinking…………
A tostada shell is really just like a giant tortilla chip, so why not make a seven layer tostada? This would even be a better way to serve your own personalized seven layer dip with chip and all!
This recipe is everything you’d expect from a seven layer dip, just individualized. You can even personalize it if there is something in the 7 layer dip that you always wish was left out!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 (4.5 oz) pkg Old El Paso Tostada Shells
- 1 (16 oz) can Old El Paso refried beans
- 1½ cups prepared guacamole
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup diced green onion
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and taco seasoning until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To prepare tostadas, top each tostada shell with a spoonful of beans and spread evenly over the shell. Then spread with a spoonful of guacamole followed by a spoonful of sour cream spread evenly. Then sprinkle with some of the cheese, tomatoes, olives and green onion. Makes 12 tostadas.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso.