Sometime when you have those big holiday meals like Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas – there just isn’t room to fit everything that you want to include in your meal in your oven. This is where your slow cooker can come in handy!
I have used a slow cooker on those holidays for things like mashed potatoes and carrots before. Well, for this Easter, I decided to let my slow cooker cook my ham. It only takes a couple of hours to cook in the slow cooker and it gets coated with a sweet honey glaze. It turns out moist and delicious! So let the slow cooker do the cooking for you ham this Easter.
- 1 (3-5 lb.) fully cooked spiral sliced ham
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Place just enough water in your slow cooker to barely cover the bottom. Place ham in the slow cooker and turn on low.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the brown sugar, honey and butter. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the cloves.
- Spoon ¼ of the honey mixture over the ham.
- Cook ham on low for 2-3 hours until heated, brushing every 30 minutes with another ¼ of the glaze until all the glaze is used. Serves 6-10.
Recipe adapted from Let’s Dish.