I would call myself a connoisseur of cheesecake. I have tried many. There is light and fluffy or dense and creamy. All are good, but I tend to lean toward and nice dense and creamy cheesecake. This is part of the reason that I eat cheesecake backwards.
Most people eat a slice on cheesecake from the small inside point to the outer edge. I eat from the outer edge to the inside point because the center of a cheese cake is the most rich and creamy part.
Well, today I have a delicious no bake cheesecake for you. Now most no bake cheesecakes tend to be on the light and fluffy side of the cheesecake scale. Not this one. It is the most dense and creamy no bake version I have ever tried. It is richly delicious. The secret, some gelatin to help firm up the mixture. Give this one a try!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ Tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs. of light cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (21 oz) can of pie filling (my favorite is cherry but blueberry or any other flavor will work)
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the crust until all moist. Divide crust mixture between 8-9 (8 oz sized) dessert dishes. (Custard cups or ramekins will work. I have 2 sets of glass dishes I used or you can just use a 9 x 9 baking dish) Press crust into the bottom of each dish.
- For the filling, place the ½ cup whipping cream in a small microwave safe bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cream and let sit for 5 minutes. Then microwave for 30 seconds and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until nice and smooth. The add ant powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the gelatin dissolved in the whipping cream now to the cream cheese mixture and beat until light, fluffy, and smooth.
- Divid filling between prepared dessert dishes and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Top each with pie filling to serve. Serves 8-9
Recipe adapted from The Midnight Baker.