I love it when I can make a dessert that looks fancy but is a cinch to make! That is exactly what I have for you today. Pots de Creme is a french custard dessert. The name means pot of creme or custard. It is also usually served in a small porcelain cup.
The method I have for making this today makes this elegant dessert a breeze to make. It is made in the blender in about 5 minutes. However, it the needs to chill for at least 2 hours.
This dessert is very rich and chocolaty. The whipped cream on top helps cut some of the richness. Welcome to chocolate heaven! If you really oppose semi-sweet chocolate feel free to use milk instead.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- sweetened whipping cream
- In a blender, combine the chocolate, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Blend until chips are reduced to small bits of chocolate.
- Place the milk in a microwave safe dish and microwave to 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it you want it to the point just before it boils.
- Remove lid from blender and pour in ¼ cup of the heated milk. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Repeat this process until the milk is all added, then blend for 1 minute.
- Pour into 6 custard cups or ramekins.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or longer. Serve topped with whipping cream. Serve 6.
Recipe adapted from Thrifty Fun.