Today’s recipe is one of my new favorite dinner recipes. I love chicken with potatoes that are prepared in the dutch oven and this recipe is just as good. This does take an hour and a half to bake but is well worth it. You get all the flavors of a loaded baked potato along with tender bites of chicken.
- 4½ cups diced russet potatoes (skins left on), divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon, divided
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, sliced (green parts only)
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- black pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9″ x 9″ baking pan or casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread half of the diced potatoes in bottom of pan. Then top evenly with the diced chicken.
- Season chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the bacon crumbles, ½ cup of the cheese, and half the green onions.
- Spread the remaining diced potatoes in the pan, followed by the remaining bacon, another ½ cup cheese, remaining green onions and another ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Pour heavy cream over top of casserole and then dot with the butter pieces. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese and bake until melted. Serve 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Delicious as it Looks.