I am a breadoholic. I love me some good hot bread.It is even better when I can make my own and have it ready to go in less than 1 hour. Today’s recipe for a a foccacia that can be made in 1 hour. It would go perfect with the lasagna rolls I shared with you on Friday.
This recipe is made in a skillet. However, it you don’t have one, just place the dough on a cookie sheet and it will still work for ya.
- ¾ cup warm water
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups flour, divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus additional for greasing the pan
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1.2 tsp garlic salt
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, add water along with sugar and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Turn oven on to 220 degrees.
- Mix in 1 cup of flour to the yeast mixture. I did this with my Kitchen Aid, but by hand with a spoon will work too.
- Add the oil and salt to the dough mixture and mix well.
- Gradually add the remaining 1 cup of flour to the dough until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. It may only need ¾ of the remaining cup.
- Once oven is preheat to 220 degrees turn it off.
- Grease a 11-12 inch skillet with olive oil.
- Place prepared dough on a floured surface and knead until no longer sticky. Shape into a ball and roll into an 11-12 inch circle.
- Place dough in skillet and stretch up the sides of the skillet.
- Cover skillet with a towel and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Uncover dough and make indentations in the dough with your fingers. You want it to have little pockets all over the dough.
- Combine with melted butter, rosemary, garlic salt, and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Brush half of the mixture over the dough.
- Once the oven is preheated to 400, place the dough in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Brush with remaining butter mixture and cut into wedges to serve. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Crunchy Creamy Sweet.