This is a great side dish recipe I like to make. It comes out of the Lion House cookbook.
It calls for simple ingredients to make a flavorful rice. I use my mini food processor to mince the onion and celery. I also use bouillon cubes to make the broth.
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ⅓ cup minced celery
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley (I use 1 Tbsp dried)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (optional but so yummy if you have them)
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add rice, onion, and celery, cook and stir until slightly brown.
- Add chicken broth. Cover and simmer on low heat until moisture has been absorbed and rice is tender. (This usually takes me about 20 minutes)
- Add parsley and almonds just before serving. Toss slightly. Makes 8½ cup servings.