Today’s recipe is another quick and easy dinner. Just like yesterday’s post, this recipe takes only 6 ingredients. I adapted this recipe from a casserole recipe I found in my Pillsbury One-Dish Meals Cookbook. It is another family favorite. In fact, my family will finish off the whole thing in one meal. So yummy and easy. I thought I had green onion in my fridge when I made these. I then found out I used it up and forgot to get more. So no green onion in the photo, but it is so yummy with it.
Open Faced Sloppy Joes
- 1 (16.3 oz) can refrigerated Grands flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (15 1/2 oz.) can sloppy joe sandwich sauce (like Manwich)
- 1 (11 oz.) can whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained (I have seen this called mexicorn or fiesta corn)
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Bake biscuits according to package directions.
While biscuits bake, brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain.
Add green onion, sloppy joe sauce, and corn to beef. Mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
To serve, split biscuits in half and place a spoonful of the beef mixture over each half. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro if desired. Makes 8 servings.