Today’s recipe is a family favorite. Everyone love this dish. It is simple to make and only requires 6 ingredients that I usually always have on hand. It is also nice enough to serve to guests. You can’t loose with this one. I’m not even sure where I got this one but I have had it for years and love it.
Baked Swiss Chicken
- 3-4 chicken breasts (just depends on how big you chicken breast are)
- 6-8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c milk
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing (or other similar boxed stuffing mix)
- 1/4 C butter melted
- Pound chicken breast to even out the thickness of the chicken. I place the chicken in between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin or the flat side of a kitchen mallet) Cut each breast in half.
- Place chicken breasts in a sprayed 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Top chicken with slices of Swiss cheese.
- In a bowl, mix soup and milk until well blended.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Then top the chicken with the dry stuffing mix. Drizzle stuffing with melted butter.
- Baked covered with foil at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5-10 minutes longer. Serves 6-8