I love a good baked potato. I especially love it when I can eat the skin! I have been to restaurants before and loved how they have the skin nice and crisp and salty. I recently tried to make them that way at home and this is now how I like to make baked potatoes. They are the best!
- large russet baking potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- pepper, if desired
- Preheat oven for 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wash potatoes well and dry completely with a towel. (I like to use my flour sack towel for this)
- Place potatoes on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Pick each a few times with a fork.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each potato. Rub the oil over each potato and sprinkle each side with salt. Sprinkle with pepper also if desired.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 45-60 minutes until soft.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.