Happy Halloween! I hope you all have a fun and safe night tonight. I have another way to use up left over Halloween candy.
Did you know Milky Way makes a candy bar called Simply Caramel? They are just like Milky Way bars minus the nougat. I love them. Plus, they make an awesome filling for a brownie and that is what I did with them!
You just need a boxed brownie mix plus the ingredients to make them along with 8 Milky War Simply Caramel Bars and 1/3 cup chocolate chips! They are so easy to put together and look gourmet.
- 1 (18.3 oz) box fudge brownie mix plus the ingredients listed on the box to make them
- 8 fun sized Milky way Simply Caramel Bars
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 8 x 8 inch baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Spread half on the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. This will help make a base to hold the caramel layer.
- Place 2 rows of 4 Simply Caramel bars on the cooked layer.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to slightly melt the candy bars.
- Remove fro the oven a use a fork to lightly smash the candy bars.
- Pour remaining brownie mix over the smashed candy bars. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Test with a toothpick.
- Allow brownies to cool. Remove from pan using foil lining and cut into bars. Makes 9-12.
Recipe adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.