IT IS PUMPKIN WEEK here at RMK! I must say this has got to be one of my top theme weeks that I look forward to each year. I love fall and pumpkin week always tells me that fall is here. I have some delicious pumpkin recipes lined up for you including a flashback recipe that is one of my favorite pumpkin recipes.
To start off, we are beginning with an easy one. This recipe makes brownies using 3 ingredients – a brownie mix, some cinnamon, and a can of pumpkin. It results in a dense fudgy brownie! Then they get taken up a notch further by topping them with a simple buttercream recipe with cinnamon added to it to highlight that warm cinnamon spice that pairs perfectly with pumpkin. Three shouts for this 3-ingredient brownie and three shouts for pumpkin week. I hope you enjoy the recipes!
- 1 (19.5 oz) pkg. brownie mix
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-3 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, pumpkin, and ½ tsp cinnamon until smooth. It will take a few minutes of stirring for the mixture to come together. Don't be alarmed, at first the batter will appear to be too dry. Keep stirring.
- Spread batter into prepared 9 x 9 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until set. Test with a toothpick.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- In a bowl, cream together frosting ingredients until fluffy.
- Spread on brownies cooled brownies. Makes 9 large brownies.
Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups.