Did you know that October is National Pizza Month? My family and I love pizza. We eat it once a week. Friday is usually designated as pizza night here. Some times we make it at home and other times we get take out. No matter which way we have it, we love it.
I personally love olives on my pizza. It is one of my favorite toppings and one of my favorite combos is pepperoni with olives! I love the flavor that olives add.
I recently found out that 95% of ripe olives grown in the U.S. come from California growers. These growers operate multi-generational family farms from the inland valleys of California, from San Diego County to far north of Sacramento County. California Olives gave me this recipe for Black and White Pizza to share with all of you. This pizza is right up my alley!
If you visit California Ripe Olives facebook page by Oct 15, you can enter to win a pizza prize pack. You can also find out more about California Ripe Olives by visiting CalOlives.org or by following @MissCAOlive on Twitter.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus additional for crust
- 1 cup onion that has been quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp minced roasted garlic
- 4 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 ball prepared pizza dough
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, torn into ½ inch pieces
- 1 (6 oz) can extra-large California Black Ripe Olives, cut into quarters chicken breast, cooked and sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a skillet, heat the 1Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until onions are soft (about 10 minutes). Set aside.
- Roll pizza dough into a very thin oval.Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet and light brush with olive oil.
- Then top crust with Alfredo sauce followed by mushroom mixture, cheese, chicken, and rosemary. Sprinkle with olives.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is brown around the edges.
- Serve with Parmigiano-Reggiano. Serves 4.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.