Everything is good with bacon, right? Well today I have a recipe for chicken skewers that has bacon weaved in between each piece of chicken. The bacon adds amazing flavor to the chicken just like a bacon wrapped filet mignon.
I have included a link to a video of how to thread the skewers from Allrecipes just to be sure you can see how to do it.The video is great and even includes a tip on how to prevent your skewers from burning.
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp Thai Chili Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 24 (1-inch) pieces red onion
- 12 slices thick cut bacon
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 12 (6 inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 2 hours
- additional ranch dressing for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the ranch dressing and chili sauce. Add chicken to the mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place on a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat the chicken dry with other paper towels.
- Begin making the skewers by threading a piece of onion about 1½ inches down the skewer.
- Thread the end portion of one strip of bacon onto skewer so the rest of the strip is hanging down. Skewer on a piece of chicken; thread on the next portion of the bacon. Turn the skewer so that the long end of the bacon is again hanging down. Repeat this process of skewering and turning until the entire strip of bacon is threaded, using 4 to 5 chicken pieces.
- Thread a second piece of onion onto the end of the skewer.
- Repeat the above process until all skewers are done. When done season them with salt and pepper.
- Grill on medium heat turning every 3 - 4 minutes, cooking for a total of 12 minutes or until fully cooked. Place them right next to each other on the grill.
- Serve with additional ranch dressing. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.