I am still trying to enjoy the flavors of summer before it is over. This key lime pie fits the bill for that.
I am a huge key lime pie fan and this one is kicked up a notch with the use of shortbread and macadamia nuts in the crust. It also gets some extra macadamia nuts on top before serving. This version is also perfect for summer because it requires no baking.
I also make sure to use products with the REAL® Seal when making recipes with dairy in them. The REAL® Seal was created by America’s Dairy Farmers over 30 years ago to differentiate their products from imitations. Products bearing the REAL® Seal must meet specific guidelines and be certified by their dairy processing or food manufacturing companies.
When you buy only products with the REAL® Seal, you can trust that you are buying only products or foods made from cows milk produced in the U.S. Milk and dairy foods are a core part of a healthy diet recommended by the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGA).
Real Seal is also holding a contest right now until Aug 31 to name there character. You still have time to enter.
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookies (I used Keebler’s Simply Shortbread)
- ½ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓-1/2 cup lime juice – depending how tart you like it
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 heaping Tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- lime slices or lime zest, optional for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the crust ingredients together until well combine.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch greased pie place and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Slowly beat in condensed milk until blended. Then blend in lime juice.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Beat in powdered sugar until blended. Spoon or pipe whipped cream on pie before serving and sprinkle macadamia nuts over the whipped cream. Garnish with lime slices if desired. Serves 6-8
Adapted from Taste of Home June/July 2013.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.