Today’s recipe is one that would be perfect for an Easter Brunch or breakfast, but would also be excellent anytime! I found this recipe over at Rhodes Dough. It only requires 3 ingredients. Now, if you don’t want to buy the Rhodes Rolls I would think you could just use your own rolls recipe and do the same thing. These were yummy and different. I do wish the orange flavor was a little more present, so next time I am going to try to add some orange zest to the raspberry pie filling to help bring the orange flavor out more. Yum! Plus I love the look of the bright red from the raspberry with the orange tinted frosting.
Raspberry Orange Rolls
- 8 Rhodes™ Orange Rolls, frozen (make sure that these are the regular orange rolls and NOT the anytime version)
- 1 cup raspberry pie filling (next time I am going to mix some orange rind into the pie filling)
- 1 cream cheese frosting packet (included with rolls)
- Place 8 rolls in a sprayed 9×13-inch baking pan. Spoon raspberry pie filling evenly over top.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size according to package directions (I did the regular method). Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Drizzle with cream cheese frosting.
You could make this the day before. Just don’t frost. Then warm them in the morning and frost. Or follow the refigerator method to have the rolls ready to bake in the morning.