I decided to share another pie recipe with you today. This is a simple pie that I slightly adapted from a Taste of Home recipe. There is no reason you can’t make a pie with this recipe. It’s that easy and is a family favorite. You can’t loose.
Banana Cream Pie
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 nilla wafer cracker crust (9 inches) (graham cracker or a regular prepared pie shell work too)
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 heaping Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes; beat in vanilla. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of the pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture.
- Whip cream and powdered sugar until thick and fluffy. Spread on top of pie. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving. This is best served the same day. Yield: 8 servings.