Sometimes a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do. It isn’t always easy to get dinner on the table. In my opinion, it is much cheaper and healthier to eat at home, but we don’t always have time for a made from scratch meal. That is why I love recipes like this. This recipe cooks 3-4 hours in the slow cooker and only needs 3 ingredients, you can make it 4 if you add cheese, which I highly recommend.
You can still get a good quality meatball and sauce from the store for a reasonable price and grab some buns. I love to make these with meatballs and marinara sauce from Costco (Kirkland Brand). I used regular old hot dog buns to place the meatballs on but by all means feel free to use different bread or make bigger subs!
- 28-32 frozen fully cooked meatballs
- 1 (32 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 8 sub hot dog buns
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the meatballs in a slow cook and pour marinara sauce over meatballs.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Place 4-5 meatballs on each bun and top with ¼ cup of the shredded cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil until cheese is melted. Sere with sauce remaining in the crock pot.
- Serves 8.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.