Kids love chicken and I have found most kids like pineapple. This dish incorporates both and should be a kid pleaser. The ingredient list may look a little long, but don’t let that scare you. It is very quick and easy to put together. this was a fun dish for the family.
- 3 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp crushed ginger or 1½ tsp dry ground ginger
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drain and reserve ⅓ cup of juice
- 1½ Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce (I used Soy Vay Very Very Teriyaki)
- 8 oz thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp of the oil along with chicken, garlic, and ginger. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, green pepper, and pineapple to the skillet. Stir to combine and cover. Cook for 2-3 more minutes until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, soy sauce, and reserved pineapple juice.
- Add the cornstarch mixture slowly to the skillet while stirring.Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Then add the teriyaki sauce, spaghetti and green onion to the skillet. Toss to coat. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Food of Love Mmm.