School is out or about to be out for summer and that means grilling season! I was asked by Sam’s Club to explore their fresh products and “meet” the wide array of premium cut fresh meats that they offer. Did you know that Sam’s Clubs fresh meat is all backed by a 200% freshness guarantee? They even have an online guide to help you pick which cut of meat you are looking for. Burgers are always a hit at my house so I pick up some ground beef from Sam’s. Their guide said it is “a combination of cuts from chuck, round and sirloin. It’s versatile and can be prepared in a variety of ways, including burgers, lasagna and more.”
I also took inspiration for my burger from Southern Living’s All Fired Up: Smokin’ Hot BBQ Secrets from the South’s Best Pitmasters cookbook. It is co-authored by Troy Black – the Series Director for Sam’r Club National BBQ Tour which puts more than 750 BBQ teams competing in over 31 progressive events.
The book was full of yummy recipes and I highly recommend it for anyone who loves to grill. It can be picked up at Sam’s Club and would make a great Father’s Day gift. It includes bbq tips, suces and marinades, ways to grill meats and veggies, and side dishes.
I loved the idea of a gorgonzola stuffed burger that I found in the book. I decided this would be my grilling inspiration. I picked up my buns, ground beef, mushrooms, and butter for the recipe from Sam’s and was ready to grill. I also picked up some strawberries and chips there too to complete the meal.
I must say that these burgers were the bomb! It was so yummy to find this oozy gooey cheese in the middle of my burger and the mushrooms paired so well with the cheese. The great thing is the mushrooms cook on the grill right along with the burgers. I am definitely going to do this again when grilling steaks. I love my steak topped with mushroom! I also recommend you butter the inside of the buns too and toast them on the grill. This can add so much to the flavor!
This recipe is great for entertaining. The patties need to be made ahead of time and refrigerated at least 30 minutes before cooking. This way you can have the patties already to throw on the grill when you guests arrive. They only take about 10 minutes to cook.
I have always been impressed with Sam’s Club high quality premium cut meats. They are a must for summer entertaining.
Sam’s Club has also given me one copy of All Fired Up to give to one of you. You have until June 4 at midnight (MST) to enter.
Just leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite thing to grill in order to enter! Winner is announced at the bottom of the post.
- 2 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1½ lbs. ground beef
- 1 – 18 inch long piece of heavy duty foil
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- garlic salt
- 4 toasted hamburger buns
- mayonaise and dijon mustard for serving
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and gorgonzola cheese together.
- Shape beef in 8 (4-inch) patties.
- Spoon the cheese mixture evenly into the center of 4 of the patties. Top with the remaining 4 patties. Press edges together to seal in the cheese. Cover patties and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When patties are done chilling, preheat grill to about 350 to 400 degrees (medium to medium-high heat).
- Place mushroom on half the sheet of foil. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and pepper to taste. Fold over foil to form a pouch and tightly seal edges.
- Season patties with garlic salt and pepper. Grill patties on preheated grill, covered for about 5-6 minutes per side. At the same time, grill mushrooms in foil packet for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking (about the same time you turn the burgers).
- Serve patties on toasted buns with mayonaise and dijon mustard along with the mushrooms. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from All Fired Up.
Winner of the giveaway is Debbie Bray.