My daughter loves to have meatballs for dinner, in any form. So I look for different ways to serve them. I recently tried these easy Swedish meatballs and she loved them along with the whole family. The slow cooker aspect of the recipe is another bonus.
I like to serve them with mashed potatoes but rice or noodles would do. I also enjoy cranberries or lingonberries from IKEA on the side.
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp A1 steak sauce
- dash of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (28 oz) bag frozen meatballs (this is around 33 meatballs)
- 1 c sour cream
- prepared mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles
- In your slow cooker, combine the soup, mushrooms, beef broth, onion, garlic powder, steak sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add meatballs and toss to coat.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Before serving mix in sour cream and serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Shoebox.