It is Lemon Week here at RMK. I am a girl who loves lemon. So I put together a week full of recipes. They will also work to make for mom for Mother’s Day too. First up is a simple lemon mousse. It is light, creamy, and has a luscious lemon flavor. It would be perfect garnished with a strawberry, raspberry, lemon zest, or lemon slice. You could even add some of mint leaves.
This mousse would also work well inside a pie crust for an easy lemon mousse pie! Whether you use a traditional pie crust or graham cracker crust it would make a tasty filling!
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz light cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer, beat whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Remove from bowl into another bowl and set aside.
- Place cream cheese and sugar into the sam mixing bowl you used for the whipped and blend with mixer until well blended
- Gradually pour in lemon juice while mixing until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in reserved whipped cream until well combined.
- Pour into individual bowls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. If you make them the day before be sure to cover containers or the mouse will dry out on top.