Happy St. Patrick’s Day to everyone! Now I know that I have shared several ideas for St. Patty’s as far as dinner and dessert, but this could still qualify today for your green celebration because this is a leafy green salad. However, this recipe is also perfect to serve at a bridal or baby shower, especially a baby girl shower. It is even excellent as a main dish or side to a regular dinner at home. This recipe comes from one of my aunts. It is a very versatile salad. You can adjust it as you like. You can add chicken to make a heartier salad or leave it out. Either way it is delicious. The recipe also makes a ton, but can be easily adjusted to a smaller scale. I love that the dressing it ends up being a beautiful pink color thanks to some purple onion and red wine vinegar. Yummy!
Luncheon Salad with Pretty in Pink Dressing
- 1 bag romaine lettuce
- 2 bags Mediterranean salad mix (can do one of these bags as spinach)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2-1 pd. cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup roasted slivered almonds (I used Butter Toffee Glazed Almond Accents)
- 6 cooked chicken breast that have been marinated in teriyaki, diced (or you can leave the chicken out which is what I did this time)
Additional mix ins:
- diced red apple
- extra almonds
Toss ingredients together and serve with Pretty In Pink Dressing.
Pretty in Pink Dressing
In a blender add:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
Turn on blender and through opening in blender lid slowly add 1 cup canola while blending. Blend until onion is all chopped into dressing and is well blended with the oil.
If I had to guess this should serve at least 18 people.