Starting the day off right with a well-balanced meal is more important than most people realize. Mornings can be busy – preparing for the day and getting kids out the door. As a result, many skip over breakfast and wait until lunchtime to fuel their body. Besides missing out on what could be a satisfying and delicious meal, this can be the cause of negative effects like fatigue, headaches, unnecessary cravings later and a lack of focus and energy to have a productive day.
It is equally, if not more important, for children to have a healthy breakfast before starting their day. According to EverydayHealth.com studies have shown that kids do better in school when they’ve eaten a well-balanced breakfast.
Hormel Foods has a variety of products and recipes that are perfect for breakfast, whether it be on-the-go or a sit-down meal with the whole family.
Here are a few delicious and satisfying breakfast options to kick-start the day:
- Canadian Bacon Breakfast Pizza: Have a hard time convincing picky eaters of the importance of breakfast? With the Canadian Bacon Breakfast Pizza that won’t be an issue! Make this the night before and heat it up for a simple solution to the busy morning.
- Asparagus and Ham Bake: This dish is perfect for starting the day off with a serving of protein and vegetables in a delicious and satisfying way.
- Apple Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits: These savory biscuits take less than 15 minutes to prepare and can be easily wrapped up to enjoy on-the-go.
Here are some other great options for a busy morning breakfast.
- Quick Breakfast Burrito – These burritos are prepared in the microwave for a quick grab and go breakfast. CHI-CHI’s thick and chunky mild salsa is a great addition. You can also add some Hormel® Cure 81 diced ham or prepare someHormel® Natural Choice bacon a head of time and keep in the fridge to add to your burrito.
- Baked Ham and Cheese Croissants – These would be great prepared with Hormel® Natural Choice Brown Sugar Deli Ham, Cooked Deli Ham, Honey Deli Ham or Smoked Deli Ham. Prepare the sandwiches ahead of time and keep in the fridge. Then you can bake them in the morning while getting ready for your day. They take 15 minutes in the oven.
- Creamy Egg and Biscuit Sandwiches – If you prepare the biscuits and eggs before hand, these sandwiches with come together in no time. Also another item to make using Hormel® Natural Choice Brown Sugar Deli Ham, Cooked Deli Ham, Honey Deli Ham or Smoked Deli Ham.
- No Cook Berry Oatmeal - a great overnight way to enjoy a cold version of oatmeal prepared the night before.
- Overnight Slow Cooker Oatmeal - have hot oatmeal waiting for you in the crock pot in the morning.
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos Save time making these by using Hormel Pizza Topping Sausage Crumbles.
- Freezer Egg and Muffin Sandwiches - Make using Hormel Canadian Bacon.
Do you feel more energized and ready to seize the day after a well- balanced breakfast? What tricks of the trade have you used to get picky eaters to enjoy breakfast? I would love to hear your tips.