I have a easy-to-please simple beef and noodles for you today. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover gravy or if you don’t have any you can just mix some up from a dry mix. You can have this dish ready to go in 20 minutes. Could not be easier!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can condensed French Onion soup (I used Campbells)
- ½ cup prepared beef gravy
- 1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- hot cooked egg noddles
- diced green onion for garnish
- In a skillet, brown beef until no loger pink and drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in French onion soup, gravy, and mushrooms. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Slowly add to the beef mixture while stirring.
- Bring mixture back up to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes until thickened. Serve over cooked noodles and garnish with green onion. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.